Our Pond and My Quilt

Our Pond and My Quilt
Lost Corner Quilt 1987-2010

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Saint Luica's Day

Had a nice morning yesterday with my quilt group. I think I am making a friend. It is always so hard to do this. I am keeping busy trying to get the 3rd edition of my From Arlene’s Kitchen book done for Christmas. I made a lot of progress this year. This week I am working on the photos and it is a major effort. I am making an attempt to get them done in Picasa rather than have the collage done by Costco. All I can say it is no small task. Alan is busy with the formatting, no small task either.



Yesterday was Saint Lucias day (Swedish holiday); I always make a ham and pea soup and I serve it with small thin pancakes and ligonberries.

Had a nice Christmas letter from a friend named Betty who lived in the apartment below me when we lived in Hayward. I have never known her age and in her letter yesterday she told me she will be 98 in May. She still swims every day, has for about 50 years and still drives and plays pool with the guys. Betty is amazing. I am so inspired by her. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment